Monday, June 27, 2011



I finished my second "mosaic transom" this week. It's an arched stained glass mosaic designed to be attached to the wall above a door like a true transom window. Of course it's opaque so no light shines through, but it is still beautiful. (Hey, if anyone out there would like a glass-on-glass mosaic for your real transom window, just let me know!) I didn't actually care for this piece very much until it was finished. The grout just pulled it all together and I like it very much. So much that I'm thinking it needs to hang in my house! (At least until sold!)($175) The glass colors are stunning together, and it looks very natural. The photos don't pick up the glossiness of the glass, or the true reflective colors, either, unfortunately. Oh, well, take my word for it: this piece really shines!

I'm off to finish the house number plaque for our mailbox today. I have tons to do this week regarding my oldest daughter's wedding and my youngest daughter's doctor's appointments, but I do so want a house number!

No comments:

Post a Comment