Wednesday, April 20, 2011


My studio is a great place to hole up and work without distractions. I can make a mess, leave it and go in the house to fix dinner, and not worry about the glass shards on the floor or the tools left out. It's great.

I am currently working on a 30" diameter commissioned table. It is for an outdoor covered patio in Southern Utah. I am about 3/4 of the way through laying the tiles and glass. I am using a reverse method since the glass and unglazed porcelain tiles are not the same thickness. It's a big project, fun too, as this is the first time I have used the unglazed porcelain. I love it! It's fairly easy to cut and the colors are perfect for this table. The non-reflective quality of the porcelain really sets off the reflective qualities of the glass. I will post more later about this project!


No comments:

Post a Comment