Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Welcome to Salt Creek Mosaics! It is here I hope to share a few of the creations that come from my studio, Salt Creek Broken Arts. I will post thoughts on my art, sources of inspiration, techniques, successes, and marketing strategies. I plan to frequently add photographs of new and past works as well as works-in-progress.

I love what I do and I'm happy to be able to share some of the fun! Working with glass and tile feeds my desire for tactile work. I love the feel of the various textures in my hands-glass, tile, the tools, grout. I used to do lots of fiber and textile arts for the same reason. I find that the glass and tile colors and textures are stimulating and enticing to work with. The challenge of the technical aspect is exciting, too!

Buying glass is great fun! Occasionally I plan a project and then shop for and purchase the glass or tiles I need. More often, I buy a particular sheet of glass or a tile because of its own intrinsic beauty. I often find that a certain glass will cry out to be included in a particular project; often my plans will take dramatic turns within the course of the creation of a piece depending on the feel I get from my materials.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment